Some info about the Optimization of GT4 for the PAL version:
List of the 12 extra cars that have been added....
MAZDA 2005 MX-Crossport
Mitsubishi 2005 New Eclipse
Volkswagen 2004 Golf R32(winner car of SEMA show 2005 - tuning car)
AUDI 2003 Nuvolari quattro
AUDI 2003 Pikes Peak quattro
Chrysler 2005 300C
Alfa Romeo 2004 Alfa GT
Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner
Chaparral 1967 2D
Chaparral 1970 2J
JAGUAR 1988 XJR9
Peugeot 1992 905B Evo 1 Bis LM
(notice: few new car renders attached in the end of this post)
The game is optimised for PAL because it is full speed, full screen with the high refresh rate of a PAL TV at 50hz but with the maximum number of lines and resolution that a PAL TV supports.
An NTSC screen is 240 lines so the image is lower quality. A PAL screen is 256 lines, so the cars and tracks look better.
Because the game is optimised for PAL - it is 50 frames per second and 256 lines in full PAL resolution.
It does not need a 50/60 switch because the PAL version is optimised to work in PAL.
A 50/60 switch is normally put in when the PAL version is non-optimised.
The whole physics engine and crucially the speed of the cars - is rebuilt for PAL so that all together the PAL version will be the highest quality version of the game.
Extra Features for PAL:
- 2 player split-screen VS play using own memory cards, players' own garage ()
- When making a pit-stop you can now change from A Spec to B Spec or the opposite. ()*
- Jack Knife Lee remix of Kasabian "Reason is Treason" has been remixed into Dolby 5.1 and used in a recut intro movie, which still features the Opera music opening sequence.
- Icons have been added such as "next licence test" to make navigation easier
- The map of GTWorld has been modified to make European cars easier to find.
- Ability to import data from GT4: Prologue - instantly clear first two licence test catgories / GT3 import a maximum of 100,000 credits (credits changed to Euro system)**
- European units of measurement for power, speed and torque (MPH, KMH, BHP, PS etc)
- Additional artwork for opening up courses and stylistic enhancements throughout
- Replays now show car name/ BHP figure/ tyre setup (amar212s' comment: I see this as a great way to find out opponent's HP in races of certain championship, just by looking the "race preview" video. Great addition.)
- European music tracks set as default , but all others from American or Japanese version of the game are available.
- Vauxhall included as seperate manufacturer with 2 dream race cars
- 12 Extra cars added as listed above.