de Blob is an action puzzle title that allows players to explore and liberate an alien city from the evil, monochromatic I.N.K.T. Corporation that has taken over the city and outlawed all color and fun from daily life. Playing as de Blob, gamers will embark on a quest to re-animate the city of Chroma, and bring spunk and character back to the oppressed, by splattering buildings, landmarks, and citizens with color. de Blob features an intricate single player campaign as well as a multiplayer experience that supports up to four competitors via split screen. The game was conceived for the Windows PC by a team of nine students studying Game Design & Development at Utrecht University’s School of the Arts in the Netherlands. At the time of conception, sections of Utrecht were being rebuilt and the principal task in creating the game was to convey how the railroad station area of Utrecht would look in 10 years. The city of Utrecht has since adopted the character of de Blob to be its mascot.
- Urban exploration – control a fun animated Blob to transform an oppressive and hostile city into a vibrant, colorful and happy place.
- Real-time painting of cities
- Players can take photos of their painted city to make “postcards,” which can be saved and shared online.
- A number of unique locations with a different balance of game play puzzles and level objects.
- Compete against others in a range of multiplayer modes in the quest for winning Blob supremacy.
- Simple intuitive controls, which allow a unique use of the Wii controller offering gamers an animated playing experience.